Parent-Child Interaction Specialist
Position: Parent-Child Interaction Specialist
Reports to: Erie Family Center Director
Schedule: Non-traditional hours as assigned to assist with
family visits/ two evenings per week and some weekends
Description: PCI position is responsible for supervising visits, data collection and implementation of tasks. The intent of this position is to provide supervised visits in a safe setting for families with children not in their care.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expected to be flexible in terms of scheduling and hours worked; no more than 40 hours/pay period available to work flexible and non-traditional hours, including weekends as assigned
- Attend weekly staff meetings and trainings as assigned
- Accurately maintain weekly court reports and client records
- Ability and willingness to testify in Court regarding client participation and progress, if needed
- Submit reports and records according to program requirements for due dates
- Be able to organize individual schedule, paperwork, program materials, and office space
- Maintain confidentiality and non-judgmental attitude toward clients
- Assist Erie Family Center in achieving program goals.
- The individual selected for this position will work a non-traditional flexible schedule and some weekend work may be required.
- Full time benefits including medical, vision, dental and paid holidays will be provided by the Erie Family Center.
- Responsible for coordinating transportation services for the families. Some transportation may need to be provided.
- Responsible for making and confirming scheduled appointments for services to families.
- Able to work as a team member with a professional staff in shared office space.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in office/client matters and follow HIPPA guidelines.
- Must be able to work effectively with families in all types of settings.
- Responsible for collecting and implementing data for program reporting and record keeping
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and program-specific data entry programs.
- Knowledge of local service agencies.
- Successful clearing of criminal background check and child abuse history; FBI fingerprint background history.
- Able to operate Family Center vehicles.
- Access to reliable, private transportation.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Documented experience of 3 years working with children and families.
- Practical knowledge in family and child development, including non-traditional family systems, is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred. Preference given to those with prior experience or involvement with families and children involved with social service supports.
Please email resume and cover letter to Kcosta@eriefamilycenter.org
Parents as Teachers Parent Educator
Parents as Teachers Parent Educator Job Description
Purpose: To partner with assigned families to provide personal instruction, demonstrate appropriate educational activities, and deliver research-based printed materials to parents regarding child development and related issues. To conduct child developmental screenings including but not limited to vision, hearing, the understanding and use of language, motor development, hand-eye coordination, & health and physical development for children birth to age three.
Parents as Teachers Supervisor
- Bachelors degree in early childhood, or appropriate social services field, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adults and their young children.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board finds appropriate and acceptable.
- Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Provide professional parent instruction and delivery of information to assigned families, implementing the curriculum provided by the National Parents as Teachers Center.
- Coordinate services with other community programs with similar purposes.
- Support and enhance the existing Parents as Teachers program.
- Represent the Erie Family Center at various community events supporting families and/or young children.
- Support the value of education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the Erie Family Center.
- Support the philosophy and mission of Parents as Teachers.
- Comply with all Erie Family Center policies, rules and regulations.
- Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, bend, lift and reach.
- Requires the ability to travel.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Implement the curriculum provided by the National Parents as Teachers Center.
- Serve up to 20 families (full-time) which includes bi-weekly or monthly home visits within the family home, support and attend programmatic requirements and other assigned tasks per Erie Family Center Director and Parents as Teachers supervisors.
- Complete all required documentation regarding home visits, attendance records for home visits, screening summaries, and other reports requested by Parents as Teachers Supervisors and Erie Family Center Director.
- Coordinate services with other community programs with similar purposes, make recommendations for further screenings, evaluations, etc.
- Support and enhance play groups (Mommy & Me), parent advisory (PAC) meetings, & when required attend community events involving Parents as Teachers.
- Assist in reviewing and evaluating results of annual parent surveys and other evaluative measures.
- Adhere to all Erie Family Center health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Parents as Teachers Supervisors or Erie Family Center Director, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of this position.
- Attend required Parents as Teachers certification training and become certified as a parent educator.
- Attend required follow-up in-service trainings.
- Attend training and become qualified to administer developmental screenings.
Program Transport Driver Position
Program Transport Driver Job Description
Purpose: Full time driver to transport assigned families involved in the Office of Children and Youth system to scheduled visits at the Erie Family Center.
Parent/Child Interaction Specialist
$15.00 per hour – up to 40 hours per week
July 1, 2019
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Clean driving record
3. Previous experience working with families is preferred but not necessary.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board finds appropriate and acceptable.
1. Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
a. Must be responsible and a team player
b. Enjoys working well with children and staff members
c. Must follow all traffic signals and regulations
d. Must maintain cleanliness of vehicles, including cleanliness of vehicle inside and out.
e. Maintain maintenance of the vehicle including inspection and oil changes.
f. Support the philosophy and mission of the Erie Family Center.
g. Comply with all Erie Family Center policies, rules and regulations.
2. Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
a. Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
b. Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, bend, lift and reach.
c. Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
d. Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
1. Coordinate schedule with Parent/Child Interaction Specialist to schedule all visits.
2. Attend required in-service trainings.
3. Attend training and become qualified to install car seats.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org