Position: Parent-Child Interaction Specialist
Reports to: Erie Family Center Director
Schedule: Non-traditional hours as assigned to assist with
family visits/ two evenings per week and some weekends
Description: PCI position is responsible for supervising visits, data collection and implementation of tasks. The intent of this position is to provide supervised visits in a safe setting for families with children not in their care.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expected to be flexible in terms of scheduling and hours worked; no more than 40 hours/pay period available to work flexible and non-traditional hours, including weekends as assigned
- Attend weekly staff meetings and trainings as assigned
- Accurately maintain weekly court reports and client records
- Ability and willingness to testify in Court regarding client participation and progress, if needed
- Submit reports and records according to program requirements for due dates
- Be able to organize individual schedule, paperwork, program materials, and office space
- Maintain confidentiality and non-judgmental attitude toward clients
- Assist Erie Family Center in achieving program goals.
- The individual selected for this position will work a non-traditional flexible schedule and some weekend work may be required.
- Full time benefits including medical, vision, dental and paid holidays will be provided by the Erie Family Center.
- Responsible for coordinating transportation services for the families. Some transportation may need to be provided.
- Responsible for making and confirming scheduled appointments for services to families.
- Able to work as a team member with a professional staff in shared office space.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in office/client matters and follow HIPPA guidelines.
- Must be able to work effectively with families in all types of settings.
- Responsible for collecting and implementing data for program reporting and record keeping
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and program-specific data entry programs.
- Knowledge of local service agencies.
- Successful clearing of criminal background check and child abuse history; FBI fingerprint background history.
- Able to operate Family Center vehicles.
- Access to reliable, private transportation.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Documented experience of 3 years working with children and families.
- Practical knowledge in family and child development, including non-traditional family systems, is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred. Preference given to those with prior experience or involvement with families and children involved with social service supports.
Please email resume and cover letter to Kcosta@eriefamilycenter.org